Thursday, June 9, 2011

Garden Pallet

I am always working on 10 projects at once, do you ever do the same thing? You'll be painting away on one project & BAMM an idea hits! The sad part is, I think I have a little undone-ness with EVERY project I have started. I'll get sooo close to being done and say it's good enough, I'll finish that one thing tomorrow....yeah right, try two months from now.
I'm telling you this now because I'm going around and trying to "finish" some "unfinished" projects.  
I just can't seem to keep my mind on one thing at a time!!!

Well, I will finish painting the bottom of my pallet fence tomorrow....if it doesn't rain.
  See how the paint doesn't go all the way to the bottom? Not quite done....among other projects.

Storing my pallets in the yard grew on me. I did a post HERE how I needed space till I got around to cutting them up, but for some reason this pallet just looked like a little fence to me:)

I painted it with some Porch and Floor paint that I had on hand from the dump trip for free. Built a little flower box out of pallet wood and attached it to the pallet, drilled small holes in the top and stuck some of my solar lights in them. Used my plant clippings to fill the flower box.

TOTAL COST:  $0
What it looked like without the pallet.
Painting the pallet, building the flower box, and....what is that round thing???  You will just have to wait and see.
you can see the unpainted bottom a little better here


Sad to say two days after putting this together we had a very bad rain storm and my flower box warped and kind of came apart, so I will have to build another flower box and not throw it together so quickly:((
I love it though!!! 

Now I just need to do the one I placed in front of the A/C unit to hide it. 
I'm still working on this back wall. It's just not the same since....
This is what I had growing on the wall before, till the painters took it all down to paint last Christmas :((((:(((
But I will leave you with some inspiring photos for outdoors. I like wild, lush, over grown gardens.

(source)
(source)
(source)
(source)
And this one just because it's cute...my kids would love to have monkeys hanging from the trees!
~ Desiree ~
Linking to:


UPDATE: How I secured it can be found HERE



The Shabby Nest










Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special










43 comments:

  1. love this little idea, great blog by the way. off to have a good look around it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - Awesome idea & I was just trying to figure out what to use for a small area I need fencing. I even have the pallet on hand! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific idea! Now I want to run out and make a whole fence out of pallets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pallet fence is so creative! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would to have chickens in my yard. What a cute fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your little 'picket fence'! And I like the (dump) paint color you chose! So sorry they tore out your beautiful plants to paint. I am a huge fan of the overgrown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turning the pallet into a fence was such a great idea. I love how you put the flower box and lanterns on it. We have a compost bin made out of pallets. I think I'll use one end for a planter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely charming project!! You did such a great job giving that pallet a whole new life and it looks much happier now. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday...I'm going to go put this up on our Facebook page so be sure to come by and grab a "Featured At" button for your sidebar!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Desiree! What a cute idea! Amazing what you can do with those pallets! :) LUV!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am inspired! Wishing I had a pallet! Love your gate, it is perfect for that spot. Thanks for sharing At The Picket Fence. I "followed" your blog. If you'd like to enter my giveawway for a $25 Lowe's gift card, stop by anytime between now and 6/15. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever idea. So much better with the "picket" fence. I tend to leave things a little undone, too. Drives my husband crazy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pallet looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to recycle! Love the color and the flower box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is soooo cool! The perfect spot for it too. Nicely done!

    Shared this on FJI Facebook for SNS 85. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Funky-Junk-Interiors/175378011140#!/photo.php?fbid=10150271933076141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful idea!!! This looks doable for a non-tool using momma.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! I am trying to figure out if I have a spot to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  17. i start a million projects all the time, i totally know how you feel. but this is so cute!!! i love it...my mom actually found it and sent me your link saying....we have to do this.....i totally agree, we must try this!!! SO DARLING
    and very creative
    you totally rock!!!

    xo
    ash
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! The color is perfect too....man o man, where do you live that an ivy can grow that big? I saw something like that in Hawaii when we visited Maui. That was amazing!

    Cindi
    http://www.rustiqueartblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh man, this is great! i'm trying to think of a place where i need a mini fence too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely fantastic Desiree, sharing on FB, I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did you get the palett to stand up and be sturdy??
    Love this!!
    Thanks for taking the time to answer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a fantastic idea! I love it! I think I will copy your idea and make a little pallet fence to hide my A/C unit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant! I am so trying that one. Especially love the box attached to the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  24. that's just a great idea I love it !!! it looks so nice in a country garden .. I would like to do the same but I wonder about how do you stand the palett up and did you apply anything to protect against the soil moisture ? Great site I add to my favorites !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. just saw this pinned on Pinterest. Love it. Would like to know how you actually secured it as a fence ~ is it sitting on something? did you use posts? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am in huge love with this!!! I want to do this as a fence for my yard (smaller yard)!! Any ideas on how to "mount" it for use in this way? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i have the some question, im also wanting to make a fence for my yard, not sure how to secure it in the ground. maybe some fence post. not sure. thanks for the idea though, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have the same question it looks like...how is this secured to the ground?? Rebar??

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this! I have been looking for something to hide our pool equipment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm getting ready to pick up some pallets to try this. How did you secure it to the ground so it doesn't blow over? Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the aqua color. Do you have any idea what the color was? Would love to paint my shutters that color.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You might want to check with an HVAC person regarding surrounding your AC. I was told that you shorten the life of the unit if you do anything that obstructs the air around them. I know they are not the most attractive things, but new ones are not cheap. Just an FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have to tell you that this craft has been on my mind since I first saw it... over a year ago! I decided to wait since we were getting ready to move. Just one of those things that stays in your mind! I absolutely love it, to say the least! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would also love to know how you got it secured to the ground. I have a return I've been wanting to hide for a while. I have already rescued a pile of pallets and can't wait to get started on it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this idea, doing one myself but I need to know what you used to secure it to the ground so it does not blow over?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a very beautiful and relaxing place. I love the idea. I just really want to do it also.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am doing this to hide my garbage cans!

    ReplyDelete
  38. How did you secure the pallet to the ground? I read that others asked, but I don't see an answer. I have a pallet and would love to do this...but need to know how to secure it. I see horizontal wood under the fence. Did you screw it to that wood? Thanks for answering!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just found your blog-Love it! More pallet projects please!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Would like to know what kind of paint you used

    ReplyDelete
  41. How did you anchor it to the ground? I want to hide an air conditioning unit

    ReplyDelete
  42. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello, is it true that pallets are treated with harmful chemicals? and only Canada pallets are free from it?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...